Monday, August 30, 2010

Aching Love Celebrates

I wrote this poem for a friend as she celebrated and remembered her 4 babies born prematurely. One she holds here and 3 she holds now only in her heart. Grace is the name of the daughter that survived. Recently, 2 more wonderful families I know have gone through pregnancy loss and my heart aches for them as well. I have changed the words some to fit more moms that have experienced pregnancy loss, stillbirths, or premature little ones that did not make it. With this I honor all my friends that have lost children far too early and remember theirs and my own 3 pregnancy losses.


Aching Love Celebrates

by Jessica Martin-Weber



Sweet hope, please stay

This path you trod, do not take

If I could spare you with my fragile breath

I would not hesitate



Mother

Father

Sister

Brother

Love is breathing

Songs to sing

Wishes can not replace

The loves taken wing



Grace is but a gift

One imagines not to hold

But in the eyes of Grace we see

Joy and Grief, elegant and bold



Aching love celebrates

What some pretend is not

Empty womb knows true

Arms missing burdens lost


From her body early denied

In her heart they still survive

1 comment:

  1. this was amazing! today i'm sitting at home on what would be my due date for the baby i lost. i opened a blog account when we were expecting, but had to end it shortly after starting it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails